Saturday, January 25, 2014

Looking Back


For my first post this year, I would like to look back on the year that was. 


The latter part of 2013 was emotionally stressful.

 It all started when a colleague died. She was robbed, and shot multiple times a few kilometers 
away from her home. What's worse was, her mother was waiting for her to celebrate her birthday.


Then calamity after calamity, hit our country. 
There was the pork barrel issue which involved big names in politics. 
There was the Zamboanga siege, where hundreds of innocent people were used as human shields. 
A 7.2 magnitude earthquake which struck the provinces of Bohol. 
And lastly, the most devastating of all, there was Typhoon Yolanda, who killed more than 6,000 Filipino people.

via
Philippines was in total darkness that time, but somewhere, light managed to shine its way through.
Giving hope was the undeniable aid and support coming from all parts of the world. There were also the international wins of Megan Young in Miss World, and  Manny Pacquiao in boxing.

via
Just when the things were lightening up a bit, I faced the worst nightmare of my life.
At the age of 22, I experienced injustice in our own country. I lost a battle which I fought for a long time.
 I felt small and helpless. It was a mental and emotional torture.
I was on the verge of losing my mind.


That moment proved me, that power and money rule this world. 

via
With the help of family and friends, I moved on with hope. Hope that one day, our Supreme Ruler, will judge us on the truth. And I know, that no amount of power or money can change His judegement.


2014 is a new year. The first few weeks were not so good either, but looking back at 2013, I know now where to focus all my time and energy.
 I now look at what is really most important in my life. My family.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...