Monday, November 4, 2013

DIY Project # 5: Halloween Costume


This year, our theme for Halloween is non-other than the Disney Movie, Toy Story.

 I love decorating simply because I want to be surrounded by colorful stuff.
Also, decorating challenges my creativity, and as a group, it challenges our teamwork.
( Having mostly guys in our team, you would understand...;)  )


Decorating is exciting because for the first time this year, 
I am not facing my computer.
I am not typing.
I am not dealing with numbers.
I am not doing some serious stuff.

For the first time this year, I am cutting colored papers,
sewing a pink polka-dotted tulle skirt,
gluing neon-cardboard to styrofoam.

Imagine my excitement.
Aaaaah. It's so pretty! :) 


Unfortunately, I don't have a step-by-step photo on how I made the costume, 
because everything was made in a hurry.

But it was actually quite easy to make if you have the right materials.

For Buzz Lightyear, you will need 3 lengthy pieces of styrofoam.
A neon green, violet, and black cardboard. 
Some pieces of metallic silver and blue foil, some red paper


For Bo Peep, you will need 1 yard of pink polka dotted cloth.
A folder for the hat.
Tulle cloth to make the skirt puffy.
White ribbon.
White Garter.

(via)
You also need to browse the internet for some inspirations, and for patterns to copy. 

Let me know if you need any help!:)
Can't wait for next Halloween.

P.S
We won Runner-up in our Halloween contest by the way.;)
Woooot! 
To infinity and beyooond! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...